Thursday, November 02, 2006

Deafening Quiet

Sometimes people can feel like their vote doesn't count. Like their voices aren't heard in a crowd. As if what they have to say isn't important.

I on the other hand have never felt that way. I've shouted in crowds and pounded doors with patent leather mary janes to make myself heard.

We had this IT guy in the office. He would YELL on his little blue tooth thingy on conference calls. He would talk to himself for HOURS. Full conversations with himself as he wandered the halls through the cubicles.

I got an ipod

I turned it up

LOUDER

and LOUDER

Still I couldn't drown out his voice.

One day I hit a wall.

I emailed my boss and said that I would offer to move cube locations and do whatever was necessary because I couldn't take it anymore.

Guess what happened last week?????

Mr IT guy was offered a lovely back corner office all by himself!

Hear that????

silence.

Go out and vote people - your voice counts.

1 Comments:

At 11:51 AM, Blogger ang said...

Good for you! :) Youre right everyone should get out and make their voices heard no matter what their political affiliation. If we only truly realized how much power as americans truly have it would be a great place to be....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home