Monday, October 23, 2006

Little Pumpkins

Fall is in full swing and here in Minnesota I’d even say that Winter is playing peekaboo behind that corner over there. We had a light dusting of snow last night that made me thankful that I remembered to take the patio furniture cushions in for the winter.
The air has that lovely crisp to it. I just love fall so very much. I love cuddling in the warmth of a home that is filled with love and expectation. We’re anxiously awaiting the wedding date and since I’m an insane project manager there is really nothing left to do but wait.
We talked about babies last night and starting a family. I’m always slightly gunshy when the topic of making our family grow comes up. This man, only a few months ago, would run screaming with any mention of weddings or baby making. Now, he’s the front runner, he’s leading the team, he’s the ring leader for baby making EVERYWHERE. He wants to know when we can start and he wants to be sure that I’m taking my vitamins. He’s worried about infertility (and we haven’t even TRIED yet). He’s planning the baby room with me and thinking that we might have to move our bedroom to accommodate a co-sleeper. Which he only found out existed this weekend when I told him about it.
So we’re excited to start our family and we’re excited for the wedding. When I get anxious, I bake. I bake until my fingers are dry and cracked from being washed so much. I bake until the house smells like fall and snuggles on the couch with a big fluffy blanket.

This was fun to make and cute too. Smells of pumpkin and clove are still trapped in our sweaters and I love that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home