Saturday, January 28, 2006

Sometimes People Surprise Me

My mother came up from Iowa this weekend. I got all psyched up for it like I usually do. Since usually it involves alot of me being pissed off and her pushing my buttons. So I went to see my friend's brand spanking new baby this morning and then made my way to see my mother.

At first she annoyed me like usual.

Then at lunch she asked about me and MR.M and brought up the whole marriage thing. I was ready for this and said "I don't want to talk about it".

Naturally that didn't work.

However - the surprising thing is that she took a completely different stance than I thought she would. She said that she feels like I'm getting no support from anyone (meaning my family) and that she wants me to know that she loves Mr.M and that I should ignore everyone else's opinions.

I could go on and on about all the interesting things she said but I won't because I'm sick of talking about this subject. and I'm positive you all are sick of hearing about it.

Let's just leave it with the fact that I was pleasantly surprised and that my mom might not be so off base all the time. Sometimes she even knows what to say to make it not seem so bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home