Wednesday, January 25, 2006

This Won't Hurt A Bit

Thanks for all the support on the last post. I guess I just needed a little pep talk - and thanks to all of you I got one!

Today was annual exam day! YAY!

Don't we all just love the yearly pap-smear??

Ugh

Feels like they are scraping out your insides - all the while keeping up a casual conversation as if they don't have a metal implement prying you open.

I think I like the new OBGYN though. She was funny and didn't take herself too seriously. Didn't give me any of that preachy crap that some of them do. You know - the "How often are you excersizing?" kind.

She switched my birth-control pill since the one I'm currently on causes me to skip periods months in a row. I can't take that "what if" crap - so I was happy to switch. ALthough I do like some aspects of the pill I'm on now. Like - no cramps, no pain, and no mood swings. Let's hope the new one (Yasmin) will be have all the good stuff of the last one and none of the bad stuff.

Might be taking a cruise in the beginning of March. Since I've never gone on a cruise before I have no idea what the difference is between any of them. 3 night, 5 night 7 night, Inside stateroom, Oceanview, balcony - blah blah.

If any body has any tips or past experience with selecting the right cruise - let me know.

4 Comments:

At 8:11 AM, Blogger Cursing Mama said...

sticking fingers in ears, singing "la la la" loudly so as to pretend that I know nothing of the yearly pap smear I should've scheduled back in October... its just totally blechy!

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger Rhonda said...

Just my opinion, but I wouldn't go any longer than 5 days...I think that's plenty long on the ship. Its fun, but after 5 days I was ready to come home. Also, oceanview is worth the extra $$. Its a lot of fun.

 
At 7:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

. . . I haven't been on the pill in twenty years . . the whole hormone thing freaks me out - keep my body believing that it's in a constant state of pregnancy? Eeek. But then again I suffer from cramps and mood swings, so hello tradeoff :) but I wouldn't recommend my brand of birth control: no sex. Not much fun at all . . . :) I've been checking out the plant based hormones lately - all sorts of cool herbs out there . . .

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger Speckledpup said...

hey just found you.

hated, hated, hated the pill
tried 20 diff kinds....at least.

just went through my visit to the kitty doc....too much fun, isn't it.

I'll be back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home