Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Absence and All

Day two in Boston.

Finished a bottle and a glass of wine in two nights - it's the way I travel people, don't knock it.

I'm missing my man right now. I always miss my man when I'm away. I miss him even being at work for 8 hours. I know it's pathetic and ushy gushy but it's true. I think about him almost all the time.

Sometimes I startle myself when I've gone an hour without thinking about him. He may just be an old chubby balding guy to some, but I absolutely adore him.

When I'm away from him even if for a few hours I literally yearn for his smell. His kisses are always short and clipped, but on the rare occasion that he indulges in a deeply romantic kiss it's like the first time all over again.

For as much as I complain about the lack of the wedding ring and the proposal, I wouldn't be complaining if I didn't desperately want to spend the rest of my life with this dear man. He fears that he won't be a good dad - but I just know that he wouldn't settle for less than wonderful in that arena. I also know that he would be an amazingly faithful and loving husband. He fears all of this - I've dropped the subject completely.

And so it goes and so it goes.

ps - thanks to all 6 of your for chiming in yesterday - I do appreciate all of you reading. I feel loved. QUALITY people, not quantity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home