Sunday, January 08, 2006

Home Is Where You Leave Your Cardboard

My weekend was extremely productive. Gym on Saturday AND today. Cleaned half the house yesterday. Up and down the steep stairs of our hundred year old house with countless loads of laundry. Scrubbed the kitchen and bathroom surfaces. Cleaned off the cluttered top of our dresser and consolidated all jewelry into the pretty jewelry box my dad got me years ago that just hasn't made it out of the closet. Hung the picture from Uncle's girlfriend on the wall and wow - it almost looks like home.

Today Dad came over and we tackled the cardboard problem that we seem to constantly have. I don't know if it's just because Mr.M has an affliction for online ordering or what but I always feel I'm one box away from the whole place swallowing me alive. We had enough cardboard and crap to fill my Dad's Ford Explorer with the back seats folded down. AND all the cardboard was broken down and lying flat. Now that's a pigsty people.

It's almost starting to look like a real house. I'd like to get the room off of the kitchen fixed up into a real den/office kinda space. Make it into a place where we both can get some work done and feel comfortable rather than smooshed in. We're having a mural painted in the upstairs landing area. I know... you think we're freaks and the re-sale is gonna suck, but we don't give a damn. We love original art and can't think of a better place for it than on our walls.

The mural is a tiki/hawaiian/polynesian themed landscape. It's supposed to feel as if you're in the thick of the jungle looking out over the ocean at about 5:00 so that the sunset hasn't started quite yet but it's still getting a little orangey. THere will be hoola girls and easter island statues - even a volcanoe off in the distance. Can't wait to see the finish product.

I'm off to Boston tomorrow for the launch of a study - be back Wednesday mid-day. I expect to have blogging time tomorrow night though as I'm hoping to done with my work day around 3.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home