Friday, December 23, 2005

Christmas Cards

We receive quite a few Christmas cards at this time of year. All of Mr. M's friends and family and mine too have sent little cards, notes, and pictures of smiling families.

I find it interesting how each person deals with the issue of addressing us on the card.

Let's say that Mr. M's last name is Goldstein. (which it's not - but pretend damnit!)

Here's the different variations we will receive:

Mr. M and Suzanne Goldstein
300 Happiness Lane
Minneapolis, MN 55555

Mr. M Goldstein and Suzanne Neal
300 Happiness Lane
Minneapolis, MN 55555

Mr. M Goldstein and Suzanne
300 Happiness Lane
Minneapolis, MN 55555

Suzanne and Mr. M
300 Happiness Lane
Minneapolis, MN 55555

Suzanne N. and Mr. M Goldstein
300 Happiness Lane
Minneapolis, MN 55555

So you get the picture. People have a real hard time with our relationship it seems... or our "arrangement". Some of the hard core friends and family throw caution to the wind and just give me his last name. Some of the more sensitive careful people painstakingly give us both our last names.

Mr.M get's uncomfortable when they give me his last name on the card and always says, "OH I BET YOU LOVE THIS ONE." I stopped responding to his regular jabs about our "situation" last week after the great meltdown of 2005. The M word has not left my lips since then and won't ever again. I said I was done... and I am.

So write what you will on my Christmas card - because really... it's just a card and I don't care if you call us Bubba and Big Tits McGee. It is fun to see him squirm though. hehehe

1 Comments:

At 9:06 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Well, CD and I don't have the same last name and we did see some interesting addressing the first few years - just like the ones you've been getting. But it eventually smoothed out.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's pretty mean of M to tease you about what other people put on cards. Or to tease you about wanting to be married to him. Especially when he knows that it is such a sore spot with you both.

He should be honored that someone as amazing as you wants to spend the rest of your life being his parter, and is willing to surrender your very name to his.

I hope that this new year brings aplace where you are both able to completly love both each other and the relationship you share!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home