Friday, January 20, 2006

Oh Yea - The Blog

Hi - Still alive. It's been a while I know.

I got a little bummed that I was dead on with the amount of readers I had comment during de-lurking week (8). That means that there are 8 friendly people out there who come to my site to read about my little life. Thanks to those 8 people - I really do appreciate you stopping by. It's just that - well ... it's almost been a year since I started this blog and really I thought I'd maybe break into double digits one of these days.

Then I see all of your lovely blogs with the 182 comments or 68 on a regular normal old day and I get green with envy. Which brings me to wonder about why one writes a blog anyway? Is it so you feel special that people care enough to read it? Or is my old need for popularity rearing its head from high school. I was a popular girl - I wonder when I'm gonna get over that.

In other news - I went to Vegas at the beginning of the week. Lost a lot of beans. that didn't feel so nice. I have a balance of $0 in my account now with a substantial credit card bill coming my way in a few weeks ($320). Let's just see how creative I can get for meals/groceries in the week till payday. Yea - not smart of me, but it's a problem I'm very aware of and I have convinced myself that it's ok because I only gamble like that in vegas and never in the state that I live. PLUS - you should have seen me when I was a dealer making tons o' dough. Losing 1200 was like sneezing. Then again winning 1200 was like sneezing too.

The days are blurring together for the rest of the winter as they tend to do here in the cold northern states. I'm hoping that a cruise maybe Feb/March/April will break up the monotony of it all. I'm also hoping that a tax return will make that cruise possible.

I'm also wondering how in the hell I'm going to manage to make 50K a year by the time I'm 30 when I'm only 3 1/2 years away. pshaw

6 Comments:

At 2:05 PM, Blogger Turtle Runner said...

I know what you mean and how you feel about the comments. I get excited if I have one comment. I've found that the more popular blogs know the other bloggers in person or are part of the popular knit alongs, etc. It's like high school all over again on the Internet I guess. If you don't hang with the popular crowd then you don't get as many comments. Or something like that.

I read your blog :o) and usually at work (thank you for keeping me awake - seriously). I think there might be a comment-karma factor too, which is why I'm trying to leave more comments when I read other people's blogs.

 
At 9:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I check in with you everyday. Don't know why. Guess I can relate to your story... and have a good friend I would love to set you up with who lives in Madison (that is, if you weren't attached; he used to live in Minneapolis).

Tricia in San Diego, CA

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger Rhonda said...

Well, I'd miss you if you quit blogging!

I enjoy your posts. I hope that you get to take that cruise, you deserve it.

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Suzanne -

Don't quit. I average maybe 10 comments per post, I think - I never really looked at it before. Since I force myself to write everyday, I know that somedays will evoke a big response and others are just off-key and no one says a peep. That's cool, either way.

As Chris said, you have to write for yourself. You have to write in your authentic voice. You have to write what is real to yourself. And I think you'll find, that is what most people will respond to.

And I don't know if this is too personal (I often think I should MYOB more!), but you do seem to roll back and forth between desperately wanting your guy to marry you and show you a lifelong commitment and then saying that you are worng to want that and loving your guy and your realtionship with him just the way it is. I know that don't comment about that any more because it feels like agreeing with you on either side is only temporary as you swing to the other side.

Oh, for goodness sake, install a statcounter code and see for yourself! I think you'll find a LOT of us reading and cheering for you!

And of course, I'm here! SO between me and Chris and Helen - that's 3 for sure :)

 
At 9:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could try putting a Stats tracker on your blog. That way you can see how many people are visiting and not leaving a comment. This one is a good one: http://www.sitemeter.com

I visit your site regularly. And try to comment when I have something constructive to say.

I think there is magic to getting commenters. I have posted stuff and asked for feedback and got nuthin. Oh well.

 
At 1:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My friend Tricia recently told me about your blog. I've just started reading and trying to catch up on your life. I have a couple of blog projects, but get almost no comments. Don't sweat it. One of mine is rarely read. If you enjoy writing it, it's worth while.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home