Sunday, February 18, 2007

I'll Take It In 4 Colors

I have finally completed my baby registry. It has taken me weeks of research to figure out what I wanted and what is a total gimmick. I also went one step further and brought my mom and best friend with me (mother of 2) to steer me away from the "oooooh isn't that cute" moments that happen to everyone I'm sure.

I decided to register at one of the big baby stores since they had the largest selection and people could find it all over the country - since our family and friends are very spread out.

Overwhelmed anyone??

Holy crap people - there are 30 different kinds of baby monitors!! Radio frequency, multi-channel, video capable, multi-receiver units, digital, etc etc. Each section had this same level of selection. I felt like converting to Buddhism once I left.

I managed to get the essentials:
  • pack n' play
  • bouncer seat
  • high chair
  • co-sleeper
  • carseat w/ extra base
  • breast pump
  • sheets
  • lotions/creams/soaps
  • baby bathtub
  • 1 set of bottles
You'll notice that I have no crib or nursery furniture. I'm aware of this. I also don't have a diaper bag. Is it wrong that I want real wood?? Made by real people?? I liked the look of some of the nursery sets but mostly I felt that it would fall apart on me after some wear and tear. The display models had wobbly drawers and seams that were pulling apart, chips, nicks, and digs all over the stuff. Maybe this will happen in my home from my own kids being hard on it. I just want a real wood crib - and real wood furniture.

The diaper bag hunt continues. I need something that will double as my purse without looking like I'm carrying a diaper bag. I need it to look okay when I trudge it to the office or on business trips.

I'm also continuing my search for daycare options. I think I want a part time nanny for 3 days a week. I don't know what the pay range would be or if they even do part time. I also wouldn't be opposed to an in home daycare as long as there were under 10 kids there and it was close to our house. There again - I don't know how they feel about part time kids.

For those of you who have asked - yes I feel good. I feel really good. I haven't thrown up since 14 weeks and I'm 19 weeks today so I'm almost feeling back to normal. I'm back on prenatal vitamins - which I feel good about.

My belly feels tight and big especially at night, we found out that I have an anterior placenta which means I won't feel her move till probably after 20 weeks. I have a disconcerting amount of discharge and have taken to wearing a lightdays pad everyday which is always attractive I'm sure. I managed to express a bit of colostrum the other day which is an excellent sign for me since I am going to be a BFAR mommy (Breast Feeding After Reduction). At least I know the ducts are there and already doing what they should be.

1 Comments:

At 12:52 PM, Blogger Dysd Housewife said...

Suzanne,
So happy to hear you are feeling better. I LOVED my pack & play. They are easy to move around the house, and with the bassinette attachment they are perfect to have right next to your bed in the early months, only much roomier than a traditional bassinette. You can also get really nice sheets for them on E-bay. (better quality than the storebought ones) I would also suggest if you are getting a crib, to get one that re-assembles into a toddler bed, because they don't stay tiny for very long! :) The only other thing if you don't already have one, is a nice comfortable rocker or glider. You will definitely use it! SO glad to see you're enjoying your journey!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home