Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Adventures in Ultrasound!

I was wriggling my legs in the waiting room for the radiology department hoping that I could keep the 24 ounces of water IN my bladder for the entire procedure. I don't even think it would have been that bad if I wasn't so nervous. I got incredibly nervous at the last minute and I'm not really sure why exactly. Maybe excited is the better word - but I did have some anxiety.

We walked back into a darkened room and I got slathered with warm goop (thank you sonogram lady for warming the goop). Mr. M took pictures of me on the table and pictures of us in the waiting room and more and more pictures. He's a proud daddy, what can I say.

The first thing she asked us is do we want to know the gender??

She was answered with a resounding YES! from us.

She asked if we had picked out names. We have - and we told her what they were: Jonathan and Sarah (fake names - I'm not givin it up that easily).

She started moving around and said, "looks like you've got yourself a little Jonathan here."

I looked at Mr. M and he was shocked and I was shocked. Immediately I tried to absorb the information. Jonathan.... hello Jonathan... we love you Jonathan. A few seconds passed and she said, "ummmmm Jonathan lost his penis."

WHAT!!!! I was already going to T-ball games in my brain, she can't do this to me!!

Sure enough - Jonathan's "pen*s" turned out to be Sarah's girl-parts sans the umbilical cord that fooled her.

So - there you have it. We are having a beautiful girl. A girl with a very round head, chubby cheekies, and the acrobatic skills of a cirque du solei artist. She moved all over the place, doing tumbles and stretches. We have several nice shots of her. My favorite of which is when she stretched out her legs so far we could see every little bone.

I cried when I saw her heart. Beating so strong and so solid. She is at a 155 BPM and very active. We love her - we love her already and I was worried that I wouldn't know how to feel that.

I look at her little profile shot at my desk - black and white squiggles to most people. To me - my lovely girl. I shall love her with every inch of my being.

2 Comments:

At 12:19 PM, Blogger Dysd Housewife said...

A Girl. WOW! I have two of 'em and they are fabulous. They are fiesty, soft hearted, moody, and all the other fabulous & wonderful things girls should be. My girls are the world to me. :) Enjoy!

 
At 7:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Girls rocks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home