Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Bologna Dreams

For some reason the feeling struck me that a bologna sandwich would be palatable today. As we all know - when a sick pregnant lady gets some food idea in her head - good luck getting it out, even if she only takes one bite and tosses it aside.

So I go to subway (a place I NEVER go to usually) and order a 6 inch on wheat bologna sandwich.

Guy behind Counter: we don't have bologna.

Insane Pregnant Woman: yes you do - can't you take a cold cut trio and take the bologna out and throw away the rest? I'll pay for the cold cut trio.

Guy behind Counter: Why would you want to do that???!!!! ok - if thats what you REALLY want.

Insane Pregnant Woman: Yes that IS what I REALLY want [fake smiles]

Guy Behind Counter: "You do know that these are all turkey based - it's all the same thing really - I don't know WHY you would want to do this....

Insane Pregnant Woman: [interrupts and leans over plastic counter thing as far as she can while hissing through teeth] Listen, I'm pregnant, I want bologna, ONLY BOLOGNA, NOTHING ELSE, THANK YOU!

Other People in Line: [roll eyes, hold back giggles, and generally look at pregnant lady like she's lost her marbles]

You'll be happy to know I just took a bite - and was totally over the bologna

3 Comments:

At 9:23 AM, Blogger Ms.Take said...

Lol. This is sooo funny. Just found your blog and am really enjoying the read :)

 
At 9:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doh, used the wrong profile for that - the english blog is on this one.
Anyway, back to my reading of your blog!

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger Jackie said...

lol, same thing happened to me with a Sausage on a bun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home