Wednesday, July 13, 2005

WeightLoss Challenge

The weightloss challenge continues.

Mr. M and I waaaaay back in January decided to change our lives. We decided to be healthier and shed a few pounds. SO we got a gym membership at th Y.

For those of you who are scoffing... we actually did start working out 3-5 days a week and have continued it through the present. soo naah naah naaah boo boo!

Naturally you'd think we'd start to shed pounds immediately right? Going from slugs to active people should make that change right?!?

WRONG

We lost no weight those first three or so months. We were very discouraged but continued to prode eachother on in hopes of achieving our goals despite the weird setback.

Low and behold, Mr.M started to drop pounds here and there. I believe he started at 190 gained 4 pounds in the first for months and then lost 8 putting him at 186. Yay Mr. M! more like... BASTARD! How dare you lose weight and I didn't!

I started at 150 jumped up to 156 in the first month and then lost 3 pounds. Putting me at a heavier weight than I started at.... yea... go ... me. BLECH!

So our latest plan of attack has been eating less and better for you foods. This began 12 days ago. I went on weightwatchers and Mr. M decided to eat less but not have a specific diet in mind.

Guess who's losing weight?!?!

Yup, you guessed it... NOT ME!
He's down to 180. Which is 14 pounds less than his highest weight. I'm down to 150 which is exactly where I started at in January. So I pretty much lost the weight that working out put on me.

I feel weak, tired, dizzy, and starving every minute of the day. My tummy growls and my eyes are fuzzy. Now, can this really be good for you??? I asked Mr. M if he felt deprived at all, if he was feeling hungry... no of course not! Why would he feel hungry?!?

Maybe I'm just supposed to be a thicker girl. Maybe that's the way God wants me. Which doesn't make sense because I was about 118 when I graduated Highschool. I know I know.... don't compare to highschool, different metabolism.. blah blah blah.

My co-worker said it best today at lunch when she asked "WHY are you dieting?" I said, "because I'm overweight". She said, "but don't you just want to be healthy? aren't you healthy?" I said, "yes I'm healthy, but..." She said, "then WHY!?"

yes...exactly my thoughts... why.

endrant.

1 Comments:

At 7:50 AM, Blogger Okgirl Speaks said...

The exact same thing happened to me. I was going 4-5 days a week, working my butt off, eating no differently and either staying the same or gaining. What is the deal with that? If I hear muscle weighs more than fat one more time I will scream!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home