Sunday, April 15, 2007

Pregnant Brazilian

Being that my belly has become so incredibly large that I can no longer see my vagina let alone know what the state of my bikini line is, I decided it was time to get a bikini wax. I have done this once before as a sort of "treat" for Mr. M right before the wedding. It was painful, but I think that's to be expected, but the hair came back in much softer and finer afterwards.

Since I'm nearly 7 months pregnant I wanted to make sure I found a place that was comfortable waxing someone in my condition so I went for an eyebrow wax last weekend at a spa near by. I liked the aesthetician enough and asked her if she would mind doing a bikini wax on me. She said, "a regular bikini wax, or a brazilian." I told her I was interested in a brazilian.

Now let me explain. I feel like I'm the hairiest woman alive lately. Some of that is due to hair growing faster from pregnancy hormones and some of it is due to the fact that I can't properly see the area I'm attempting to groom. I already feel quite unattractive with the double chin that I've accumulated in the past few months and the general largeness of everything else isn't helping either. So I figure, why not feel "pretty" SOMEwhere, even if its the somewhere only my husband and I will see (and the midwives of course).

She asks me to try a few leg positions to see if I can get my body to do what I need it to in order to get in the little nooks and crannies that a brazilian requires. After wooing her with my amazing flexibility (hip ligaments? What hip ligaments?) she agrees we could give a try and see how far we can get. So I make an appointment for the following Saturday.

All week long I am worrying about how painful the wax is going to be and wondering how will they REALLY be able to get the hair off of those oh so sensitive parts. My basic thinking is that if I can't take a bikini wax there is NO WAY I can make it through a natural labor So during the actual event I was practicing putting my mind elsewhere and breathing through the painful parts. I did pretty well actually although the hair was stubborn as HELL.

I think I'll do it once more in about a month and a half putting me at about 8 1/2 months pregnant. I'm thinkin it might make the healing process a little easier if I've got less hair to deal with down there. Especially if I end up with stitches or a tear.

Call me crazy - thats what my friends did, but what do I care, I gotta smoooooth hooha.

Midwife appointment tomorrow morning - along with a gestational diabetes screen. Wish me luck on that one.

2 Comments:

At 3:11 PM, Blogger Jackie said...

I've been thinking of getting a brazillian myself, although I've been nervous about it! Your post might have just given me enough of an encouragement to try it out.

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Kait said...

I had a brazilian done before the wedding. I liked it! I mean, it hurt like a sweet mother, but it was so worth it after.

I'm thinking of getting into contact with my old waxer to see if she'll do a nice bikini or partial brazilian before the baby's born. That way, all nice and clean, and no need to groom for a month!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home