Friday, July 21, 2006

Keep On Reading

I few months ago I re-evaluated why I keep a blog. Is it so I can build a huge reader base like those of Dooce, EverydayStranger, or Amalah? Is it to make internet friends? Is it to turn into a mommyblogger someday who gets paid to stay at home and write?

I decided...

None of the above.

I keep this blog because sometimes I have stuff on my mind. It may not be everyday or even every week, but I always come back when my mind is full and needs unloading. I realize that having this as my motivating factor to keeping a blog means that I won't have the items I first listed ever happen. I'm ok with that.

I'm not nearly as witty as Dooce as poetic as Everyday Stranger or as amazingly HI-larious and all knowing as Amalah. I'll never be these things. I will however be my self. Not afraid to say anything, talk about anything, feel anything, or write anything.

If no one reads it, which I'm pretty sure is the case. It's ok... it's more than ok... it's expected!

So thanks for coming... make yourself at home.

2 Comments:

At 8:54 PM, Blogger Turtle Runner said...

Cheers! From one unknown blogger to another...may we always write for our Selves, and any imaginary friends or, hell, real friends too.

 
At 6:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

. . . yeah . . . we write because we do . . . why not? . . . I don't know about you, but this whole blog thing keeps me so amused . . . :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home