Thursday, April 06, 2006

Just Like TV

I had my interview today - I work my black suit with fuschia button up shirt. Except of course I left my suit jacket in the car when I was actually working so as to not raise any eyebrows.

So - how did it go?

It really went well I think. The woman interviewing me had already heard of me and for the first time in my career my reputation preceeded me.

We really had more of a chat than we had an interview. She asked interview questions but because I speak the language (for once) I actually was able to keep up and understand. From what I can tell here's the pros:

1. path for advancement
2. more responsibility
3. more learning
4. bonuses
5. better pay by almost 10K
6. client facing job rather than runt in the corner who does the dirty work
7. did I mention bonuses and pay?

On top of that the place looked like a downtown posh law firm in some sky scraper. I was a bit hard to believe that I would ever work in a place like that. I'm used to working in the suburbs in those little business centers. The office I'm in now is by no means small - it just has it's own parking lot and there is grass around it.

I have no idea if I'll get a call. I thought it went very well but I've been wrong before. She's got to interview 4 other people who could quite possibly be more qualified than me. I'll be hearing back late next week about a second interview but I'll be in Chicago working on the study from hell.

Chicago is Monday through Friday and I'm not looking forward to it. I hate more than 2 days away.

I'm mumbling now - time for sleeping.

2 Comments:

At 10:37 AM, Blogger Cursing Mama said...

Sounds like a good interview to me. Chicago could be good - gives you a little distance to think about what making the move would be like before you know if they're going to ask. Hopefully the weather will be good and you can spend a little time on Michigan Ave, get some Garretts popcorn & maybe eat at a great restaurant.

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger Rhonda said...

Congrats on the great interview. Better pay and better benefits can't be a bad thing! Hopefully you'll get the call.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home