Monday, February 13, 2006

Alone

I have felt very alone in the past week or so. Not really lonely - just alone. I visited my friend Jody with the new baby and met my other friend Bridget at the mall. We sipped coffee and strolled around. I'm with Mr.M every day and everynight. We sleep next to eachother, have ongoing conversations, laugh, joke, workout together, have sex, make love.

But I feel like no one hears me right now. Or maybe I'm not talking - I don't know which.

I have got to reclaim this space, this blog - as the place that I say exactly what I'm feeling. I don't care if it's a broken record - I don't care if every post is about the same damn thing day after day. I need to release it somewhere - no one is hearing me in my daily life so I have to put it somewhere. Somewhere where it can stay safe and unmarked. Somewhere where I can be vulnerable and scared without worrying that I've given up too much.

I'm alone and I need this space back. I don't know why I feel like I lost it. I guess I've been censoring myself. Feeling like if I write one more entry about marriage and the lack there of that I'm being pathetic. Maybe I am pathetic but the feelings are still real and the pain is still there. Whether or not I'm going to do anything about it is secondary. I just need a spot to put my feelings that is safe.

Cruise - 16 days.

Therapist - 1 month.

4 Comments:

At 9:07 PM, Blogger A Room to Grow said...

The reason I like reading your blog is because of the real-ness, and if you write about the same darn thing everyday I would still read. I think I know what you are going through - talking about it will be good and eventually you'll want to make decisions and you'll be ready to live with them.

 
At 11:02 PM, Blogger Rhonda said...

Yeah, you can repeat yourself all you want! I hope you don't censor yourself because you don't have to worry about us. We support you no matter what.

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger Cursing Mama said...

feeling alone when there are people all around you sucks major ass.....keep talking, hopefully it'll help....

 
At 7:06 PM, Anonymous Carlsbad Fan Repairs said...

Thank you for writing tthis

 

Post a Comment

<< Home