Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Oh The Sweet Sweet Smell Of Love

After racing home from work for an emergency love making session I made dinner and we went for the most lovely walk.

We live in this lovely little town that's actually a suburb but you wouldn't know it because it actually has a soul and a main street. We're only 15 minutes from downtown and we get to have a community at the same time. I LOVE IT.

Strolling past all of the neatly manicured lawns and gardens smelling the lovely new flower buds was absolute heaven. Little boys playing baseball on the local diamond trying with all there might to hit the ball as far as they can. My fingers laced through the chain links as a drank in the cool spring night.

I remember the feeling of this kind of evening from my childhood. Everything about this town we live in reminds me of my youth. All the way down to the baseball diamond and movie theater. The smells of lilacs are so potent that you want to just inhale them all day since they only last for about 2 weeks.

So here we sit up on the porch that is actually on top of our home. Our kitten (translation: big fat cat) sits on the edge of the porch watching the cars go by. We have speakers on either end of the porch that play random mp3's wirelessly from the computer downstairs. The half moon above is just starting to twinkle as dusk is just setting in. Warm hot cocoa and cool breezes carrying the most lovely mild fragrances.

I love this. I really do. I love him sitting across from me with his cigar smoke twirling around above him.

Marriage? Children? who needs it when you have this....

don't make me regret that mmmmkay?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home