Monday, August 07, 2006

Roles Re-Defined

Ring shopping and venue searching has commenced.

Maybe I should explain a little better.

After my fathers wedding we drove home remarking on what a lovely little weekend it turned out to be. We stopped for 7 year aged cheddar at a cheese shop in Wisconsin on our way back. It's so sharp it makes your cheeks hurt... I love that. I also got assorted flavors of home-made salt water taffy, which Mr.M despises but it was my special treat.

Early Monday morning I woke up at 5:00AM to take Mr.M to the airport. He was going to Vegas to see some of his buddies and in general just relax. I was invited but declined since I'm in the middle of my marathon transition at work from current job to new job.

On about the third day of his vacation I got a voicemail at work. I was crazy busy trying to impress at the new position and juggle the old position. It was Mr.M, his voice was excited sounding and happy. Like a child calling from camp telling you all about the craft classes where they made lots and lots of friendship bracelets.

"Hi baby... I was wondering if we could get married and have a baby right away?"

"Ok call me back and let me know.. love you bye"

It took me a second to actually hear the message. I had to replay it. I chuckled to myself thinking... hmmmm what the hell was that.

I called him back and without a greeting said, "I don't think it counts if you leave it in a voicemessage."

He laughed and said, "take or leave it... its a good story to tell the grandkids".

So I laughed it off... but then he came home... and he was happy and still talking about it and I was caught a bit off guard.

We've decided on a location. We've picked the top 5 venues. We went to Tiffany's and various other jewelers today and we're meeting with a supersecret ring wholesaler lady on Wednesday.

Basically - a light switch went off in his head. No amout of me talking about it or nagging or begging or demanding was going to make that light switch on. He had to come to it on his own. He was in Vegas playing with the 3 year old child of one of his friends. He said he had a moment of clarity and decided that now was the time.

It's not real yet. Basically because I said it wasn't real until I have something to glitter up my ring finger. Now don't go getting all preachy on me... I require very little. Less than a carat and just a simple band.

until....

I saw this
I thought all I wanted was 1 ring... no engagement ring AND wedding ring. But this little beauty is unbelievably stunning and the matching wedding band just makes it lovely.

Of course Mr.M and I have very different taste in rings. He likes the inset, low profile, round cut stone. I told him whatever he got me I'd be more than happy to wear it the rest of my life.

So... everyone commence screaming.

4 Comments:

At 12:33 PM, Blogger Cursing Mama said...

sweet goodness that is beautiful. Congrats.

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger A Room to Grow said...

good taste! if you like ritani, check out simon g. that's the designer i went with.

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger A Room to Grow said...

I've got LP1556 on page 7 of the catalog.

 
At 1:30 AM, Blogger Helen said...

*SCREAMS*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home