Monday, October 24, 2005

Wino

I'm sick of being under fire everytime I have a drink of alcohol.

I had 2 drinks the other night. Not even drinks. Just wine. 2 glasses of a fine australian shiraz.

3.hours.later.

He's harping on me that I stink of alcohol and won't kiss me hello. He also won't let me drive his new car because "I'm drunk".

I've had this conversation over and over with him. I maybe drink two times a month tops - usually once if at all. I have never had more than 3 glasses of wine at one sitting since I've dated him.

I'm sick of defending myself against something that doesn't need defending. I've never been a big drinker, never done any drug, usually the first to punk out on a drinking evening in college. Always the first to fall asleep - when everyone used to give me a hard time saying "come on one more shot!" I never did. Just couldn't.

And now... I have a boyfriend who thinks I drink too much?? It seems ironic.

I've told him, that he has to accept that I socially drink every once in a while. I have agreed to not having alcohol in the house - that was fine with me. But, I'm not gonna stop having a nice glass of wine every once in a while just because he used to not be able to control himself.

So what do you say? How do you explain it? How do I make him accept that part of me?

1 Comments:

At 7:40 AM, Blogger Jill said...

Maybe he is the one with the drinking problem OR he has/had someone in his family who had the problem and he's terrified. My husband drinks two beers every night and I get a little freaky if he ever goes for a third. I had several alcholics in my extended family who made every holiday meal a disaster. Yelling, accusatinos, spilling drinks everywhere. It's ugly. Maybe your boyfriend has seen the same thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home