Sunday, August 21, 2005

On The Brink

We just had a fight

People always say that arguments are part of every relationship.

Why does it have to be that way?

Why can't you just love each other.

Why do we let other things in that make us argue

Why am I up here writing this and he's down there steaming.

Why can't we just kiss and make up

Why won't he even allow me to explain what I said?

Am I not being true to myself?

Sometimes I worry that I became someone else so he'd love me and now I have to be that someone else or he will leave. Except the real me fights and claws its way to the surface only to scratch at him. Then he knows... that I'm not who I seem to be

My heart actually is aching right now.

So is my stomach

Life without him... wouldn't be life

What if he isn't the one?

If he told me it was over right this minute. What would I do?

No money. Just a car, piano, bed, and some clothes.

Where would I go?

How could I go?

why won't he come up here ... wrap his arms around me and tell me it's all going to be ok?

2 Comments:

At 9:19 PM, Blogger Anakin said...

Sometimes you need time apart. It can give both of you a chance to relax and realize how much love you have for each other.

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Thanks everybody. Today was a better day and didn't feel like the end of the world so much anymore.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home