Saturday, March 05, 2005

Mawwage... Who Gives A Shit

Everytime anybody talks about Marriage I hear the priest from the Princess Bride in my head saying, "Mawwage is vhat bwings us togevaaah today".

Maybe I"m getting more pessimistic or more bitter, but when the conversation turns to marriage or children... I have these physical reaction, "WHO GIVES A SHIT". I'm done caring, I'm done planning. I'm done being the little girl with the towel on her head dreaming of her wedding day.

I'm just sick to death of it. I don't CARE!!! Every damn TV show or commercial is about love, romance, wedding, family, children... what about the rest of the population?!?! These marketing departments need to call up my company and do some market research. Maybe they'll find out that there is an entire untapped market of 25-35 year old women that are sick and tired of hearing about how they need to keep up, hurry up, don't get left behind, be marrying material, find the right guy, buy the right house, get the big rock, have the right children, ... FUCK... Knock it off already... I'd like to just enjoy please..

end rant.

2 Comments:

At 12:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you really think they're (we're) voluntarily single?

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Lots men are voluntarily single... why can't women be?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home