Sunday, March 27, 2005

If You Left Me Tomorrow...

As we were driving back from Iowa and the Easter festivities today, we had a conversation that we've had before. It was about being dumped. My sister was talking with Mr. M about cheaters and cheating.

Mr. M stated that he has cheated on all of his girlfriends in his past except me and two others. Considering he's 39 and never been married, that's a LOT of cheating.

I asked him about one of his ex girlfriend's in particular... did you cheat on Aria?

He said, quite a bit actually.... I said did you cheat on KJ?

He said, yes, way too much.

I said, "did you tell these women you were cheating?"

He said... I told KJ about every single one.

I couldn't understand why any woman would take back a man after they continuously cheat on them. He tried to explain, saying that sometimes you cheat to sabatoge the relationship.... hoping that they'll leave you. In some weird way hoping it hurts them less if they do the leaving.
I said, "well if you ever cheat on me that's it, done deal"

He joked, "promise?"

I reminded him that although he may think those side comments are funny, I don't find them in any way humorous.

And this is where he said something that is different than other conversations...

He said, "if you left me tomorrow, I wouldn't be happy."

It might seem like a little thing to everyone else. But this is coming from the man who whenever the subject of parting ways comes up says, "eh... you'll live" or "you'll get over it" or "I"ll get over it" or "whatchagonnado".

so I'll take that statement that may seem like a crumb to everyone else, because to me... it's the entire cake.

1 Comments:

At 5:12 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Your cakes are the same size as mine!!! Sometimes I even need a magnifing glass!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home