Saturday, June 16, 2007

Bluffing, I knew she was bluffing

Late in pregnancy ones body has the tendency to play tricks on itself. Maybe it's because I'm in a constant state of awareness, searching for those first signs of labor, maybe I'm really feeling what I'm feeling. It's a toss up at this point.

On Wednesday of this last week I woke up feeling extremely dizzy. Which I attributed to getting out of bed too fast. So I showered and sat down while getting ready to hopefully gain some equilibrium. Then I thought, maybe I just need to eat. So I had some cereal, but still couldn't shake the dizzies. I got to work and started drinking glass after glass of water - as I had read dehydration can sometimes cause dizziness. Still, nothing.

The my midwife's office called to reschedule my next weeks appointment and I asked if they'd transfer me to the nurse line. The nurse was very sweet and suggested I get some protein in my system. She said that if I had a lot of sugar or carbs the previous day and that morning (Thanks Lucky Charms!) that I could be slightly hypo-glycemic (sp?). She told me she'd call back in an hour.

So I ate some unsalted peanuts and had some chipotle (black beans, barbacoa, etc). THEN, my hands started to get tingly and my chest started to hurt. Which freaked me out quite a bit. She called back and I told her the latest. She asked me to come in for a BP check just to make everybody feel better.

I went in for the appointmen, and they couldn't attribute my dizzies to anything really. Other than its been stinkin hot here (90 degrees) and muggy. My BP was 127/70 and I'm notorious for being around 110/70. So I was slightly elevated for my body but definitely nowhere near danger zone as far as averages go.

I just think I can't really tell what my body is doing right now because there are so many little weird things.

Just this week I've experienced the following:
  • Tons of flip-flops from the baby
  • Hard belly - but not hard muscles, like hard BABY pushing outwards
  • Dropping baby - feels like when I relax my stomach/back muscles she drops about 2 inches.
  • Twinges in my vagina - like little zings of pain. But not super painful, just like shocks.
  • Swollen feet that feel like the skin is going to explode (only at the end of the day)
  • Extreme tiredness - only after 3:00
  • Lower back pain - especially on the pelvic bone
  • Dizziness/light-headedness
  • Total and complete loss of appetite
  • Amazing amounts of discharge - but only when I'm standing. If I'm sitting on the toilet and I wipe - its dry as a bone. The minute I stand up (if naked) its there. I have no idea
Ahhh the joys of pregnancy. Well, I'm off to my shower that my boss is throwing for me with the women I work with. Should be a nice time. Then - I must nap, because really, I need some serious napping and haven't gotten to do so in weeks.

2 Comments:

At 9:00 AM, Blogger Kait said...

I've been feeling a similar way - dizzy, tired, swollen... with twinges and pain in my girl bits. I don't know what's going on either!

I hope that you're ok, and that the baby comes soon (if you want it too!)

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger Jackie said...

I have been feeling many of those things too (along with a sore throat today, uggg).

I think this is what "they" refer to as, "Third Trimester Unconfortableness". lol

Luckey us!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home