Monday, January 17, 2005

Only One Toothbrush

Mr. M is in LA or San Diego... either one, he's not here. I've been doing pretty well actually. Keeping myself busy, working out, laundry, cleaning, baking, working... haven't really felt the pang in my heart yet. But, he has been gone barely 24 hours.
It's times like these that remind me that I'd be pretty ok if I didn't have him. He adds joy and love to my life, yes its true, but I would go on without him.
I wrote him a little letter, put it in an envelope and stuck it in his suit pocket when I packed for him. I did this so that he would find it when he suited up today to go out on his first day of meetings/negotiations. Sure enough, around five oclock my time I got a phone call from Mr. M saying thank you for the letter.
The letter wasn't just a "go get 'em" letter. It was a pledge or a commitment if you will. I simply stated that I would take care of him if he took care of me. That I would do anything and everything I could for him if he would return that act of love. j
Strange thing is, I've felt immensely calm and peaceful since I wrote that letter. I'm not worried or nervous at all. I'm content. I know my baby will come back to me and I know we'll live happily ever after. I KNOW this. I've never felt this kind of serenity with any other boyfriend.

Maybe he's the one... who am I' kidding... he IS the one. I just know it.

I can wake up alone, work, come home, workout, eat dinner, clean up, watch some TV, read some of my novel and I'm ok.

The only hard part is... when I go to brush my teeth... and there it is, standing alone with no companion, my toothbrush. Without it's mate.

Never fear little toothbrush, your sweety is coming home soon.

God, I'm a dork.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home